This position’s primary function is to manage the daily activities of the production areas including raw material control, production and workforce planning. The role ensures that all manufacturing processes are performed in a timely, safe, precise and cost efficient manner. Effectively plans, leads, organizes, and controls the manufacturing process while coordinating with other operational departments.
- Provides manufacturing leadership and improvement focus in operations driving results, creating and monitoring measures, providing motivation, and setting expectations in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Communicates with other departmental managers, staff, suppliers, and customers.
- Leads operating plan, forecasts, and other measurements for manufacturing operations.
- Develops talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure future success
- Take responsibility for the full end to end manufacturing processes
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure targets are met
- Implement a culture of high standards, aligning with business expectations
- Lead the team to align work in accordance with customer expectations
- Continuous Process Improvement – Recognizes areas in which a process can be improved by properly implementing process improvement and waste reduction methodologies to reduce process cost and improve quality in current manufacturing processes.
- Builds Effective Teams – Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Health and Safety Fundamentals – Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all work to the highest quality.
- Administrative work that supports people and processes of the organization.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or other relevant engineering degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Any relevant 4 year degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 5 years relevant operations management experience may be considered.
- Experience in leading, inspiring and engaging manufacturing team members.
- Solid understanding of precision manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Commitment to quality in all tasks performed is essential.
- Detail oriented with an ability to recognize mechanical design and engineering requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills and human relation skills and commitment to the company’s core values.
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of precision tolerance manufacturing
- Willingness to learn and practice LEAN manufacturing practices
- 5 Years of operations leadership experience in precision manufacturing
- Experience with precision tolerance manufacturing
- Certification and/or experience with LEAN manufacturing practices
- Basic understanding of fluid mechanics
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daily movements include sitting; standing; reaching and grasping; and operating machinery. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee must be able to exchange information in person, in writing, and via telephone
This job description can change at any time as the needs of manufacturing change.
Coating Tech Slot Dies is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com