Based in Eau Claire, WI, We Design, Engineer, and Manufacture Dies for Customers Worldwide.
In our products, we focus on process knowledge, precision manufacturing, and product performance. In our team, we cultivate a culture of innovation, relationships, and high ethical standards.
Coating Tech Slot Dies is always looking for the talented team members, whether a job posting is active on this page or not. Types of expertise that are a fit for the Coating Tech Slot Dies team include mechanical designers, mechanical engineers, fluid flow analysts, finite element analysts, CFD simulation specialists, process engineer field service technicians, quality/inspection specialists, purchasing agents, and machinists.
Posted December 12, 2018
Now Hiring: Surface Grinder Operator
Full Time, in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
With Innovation, Relationships, and Ethics at its core, Coating Tech Slot Dies is consistently moving forward to be an inspiring company for its customers and employees. An emphasis is put on teamwork and approaching business with a positive attitude to keep work fun and engaging. Coating Tech Slot Dies also offers a competitive benefits package for its employees. This positions primary function is operating CNC surface grinder(s) with attention to detail and precise flatness and finish tolerances. In addition, this position will perform a variety of tasks including machining of parts on manual and/or CNC mills and lathes, polishing/deburring parts, assembly of manufactured equipment and general shop cleaning and maintenance. Must be able to work independently on a list of tasks and be responsible to complete the required tasks in a timely manner. Working closely with the Shop Lead to ensure all fabricated parts and assemblies are machined and assembled to the company’s high standards.
- Surface grind parts on manual and/or CNC grinding machines
- Fabricate parts on manual mills and lathes
- Inspect fabricated and purchased parts for conformity to print dimensions
- Polish and deburr parts according to finish requirements
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and machines
- Responsible for the cleanliness, organization and general upkeep of the work area
- Responsible for the quality manufacture of parts using approved documentation and procedures within tolerances set forth by the engineer, and to report deficiencies
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all work to the highest quality
- Ensure all timekeeping forms are up to date daily
- High school graduate or GED
- Machine Tool 2-year technical diploma or 2 years relevant work experience
- Able to setup and run surface grinder and hold high accuracy flatness and finish requirements
- Capable of running manual mills and lathes to machine parts according to the provided print dimensions and tolerances.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of performing a variety of tasks under general supervision with a certain degree of creativity and latitude as required to accomplish the task.
- Detail oriented with an ability to recognize tolerance and finish requirements
- Knowledge of general quality inspection procedures
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to the company’s core values.
- Commitment to quality in all tasks performed is essential
- Competent with Microsoft Office Products
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and spend majority of time standing
- Machine Tool 2-year technical diploma or equivalent and 2 years relevant work experience
- Experience running CNC surface grinder to grind stainless steel parts
- Experience programing and running CNC mills and/or lathes
- Experience inspecting parts to high accuracy tolerances
Coating Tech Slot Dies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description can change at any time as the needs of manufacturing change.
Please forward resume and cover letter to [email protected] or upload documents below by January 11, 2019.
Are you interested in working with an innovative company with growth opportunities that values your skills, creativity, and work ethic? Send your letter of interest and resume at any time to [email protected] All inquiries are handled with confidentiality.
*Please be aware of any confidentiality or non-compete agreements you have with your current employer. Do not apply if you are bound by an agreement that would negatively affect your employment here.